The top 3 Figma Plugins I use daily

Jun 9, 2024

Plugins are a crucial part of designing in Figma. Without plugins Figma would not be nearly as good of a design tool. Ranging from automating mundane tasks to helping you design faster without having to leave Figma.

So what do I use?

I get asked this question almost daily, so I decided to write a small blog post about it. While I can‘t list all the plugins I use, because that would take a lot of time, I can highlight the most useful and most used plugins that are in my Figma Workflow daily.

Foundation: Color Generator

Everyone who knows me is aware of my obsession with color palettes. However, I don't always have the time to create a color palette from scratch for each project. Luckily, I found a fantastic plugin that simplifies this process.

I frequently use the Material Design color generator in Foundation, as it gives me good results 99% of the time. The remaining 1% involves manual adjustments that can't be mathmetically calculated. For instance, if you want a vibrant yellow color palette, you need to subtly shift the hue towards orange for darker shades to feel warm and rich instead of dull and brown.

Color Contrast

I deeply care about creating accessible designs for everyone. The most crucial aspect of achieving accessible design is color contrast. It should neither be too high (as it can cause blurriness) nor too low (which can make it hard to see). The Color Contrast plugin clearly displays the exact contrast of your selected layer against the background, following the WCAG guidelines.

This plugin just works and has a pleasing ui/ux, unlike many other color contrast plugins I've tried.

Pages Organizer

All of those are being used in my daily workflow in Figma.

Having a well-structured page layout is crucial for organizing your Figma files. My clients (and I) appreciate page names that guide users through each page effortlessly, using emojis, separators, and sections.

That's it

I hope you enjoyed this blog post highlighting my daily plugin workflow in Figma. Feel free to share this post with your friends or even your pet; I'm sure they'll appreciate it too!

© 2024 ~ Pukima

© 2024 ~ Pukima